[Met_help] possible error in METv1.1

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Aug 27 07:11:39 MDT 2008

Matt,

Glad to hear the BIGENDIAN flag is working.

As for the PrepBufr issues, I'm thinking that it's probably a 64-bit
versus 32-bit issue.  The only way to get the PB2NC tool to work on a
64-bit machine is to build MET and its dependent libraries as 32-bit.
Please see a discussion of this here:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv1.0/met_64_bit.php

We're looking at things to address this difficulty in the future.