[Met_help] possible error in METv1.1

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Aug 19 15:58:19 MDT 2008

Matt,

I looked through the vx_met_util library and added a print statement to the "get_column_format()" to dump the length of the "fmt_str".  The length of the "fmt_str" variable varies depending on the
line type, but here are the values I found: 35, 41, 47, 53, 65, 365, 371, 437

And all of them are under 512 (max_str_len).  Perhaps something else is going on here.  I notice that 730 is exactly 2 * 365, which is one of the sting lengths I encountered.

Can you tell me what OS you're running MET on?

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu