[Met_help] MET

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Apr 18 22:26:04 MDT 2008

Elena,

Sounds good.  Yes, the ASCII2NC tool will be included in METv1.1.  I'm
hoping that it'll meet your needs.

In METv1.1, the ASCII2NC tool will read a very simple ASCII point
observation format we came up with.  In future releases, we hope to
support other commonly used ASCII formats directly.  And we'll be looking
for input from the community as to which ASCII formats are most common.

I've attached a copy of the sample_pb.nc file to this email.  If for any
reason you can't read the attachment (if it's too big or something), I've
also posted it to our anonymous ftp site.  You can access it via:
ftp.rap.ucar.edu/incoming/irap/johnhg/sample_pb.nc