[Met_help] Re: Problem with compiling METv1.0

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:49:56 MDT 2008

Bosko,

Please try the following...

In your Makefile, find the line for "PGI_LIBS".

In your current Makefile, it looks like this:
PGI_LIBS        = -lpgftnrtl

Edit it by adding a link to the RT library:
PGI_LIBS        = -lpgftnrtl -lrt

Then try rebuilding MET.

On my system, I looked for the definition of those missing things that the linker is complaining about: aio_suspend, aio_return, aio_error, aio_write.
I found that they are defined in the RT library.  Hopefully that's the case for your machine as well.  For some reason, I don't need to explicitly link to that library on my machine, but it appears
that you will need to.  Guess it's just different architectures.

Please let me know if that does the trick.

John