[Met_help] problems compiling MET

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Apr 1 09:54:37 MDT 2008

Michael,

When you compiled BUFRLIB, did you see the suggestions in the MET User's Guide about it?  Please take a look in section 2.6 of the MET User's Guide (METv1.0/doc/MET_Users_Guide.pdf).  Try rebuilding
BUFRLIB using the following commands that are listed in there:

cd /export/lnx274/mbrennan/BUFRLIB
rm *.o *.a
/usr/bin/gcc -c -DUNDERSCORE *.c
/usr/bin/g77 -c -DUNDERSCORE -fno-second-underscore *.f
ar crv libbufr.a *.o

Then try rebuilding MET.  Hopefully, that'll fix that undefined reference error you're seeing right now.

Let me know how it goes.