[Met_help] Re: MET package question -- water vapor

Lacey Holland lholland at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 28 08:09:12 MST 2007

Hi, Brian!

I'm cc'ing this to met_help, since I think it may be of interest to
others around here.  I hope you don't mind.  ;)

You are right - if the units are different, then it wouldn't make sense
to verify until you get them into the same units.  Right now, I don't
see an easy way around it, but I'll check on ways around it and see if
others around here can think of solutions.  It may be a conversion we
have to build into MET in a future release.  Currently, we're planning
on building in conversations for relative humidity, dewpoint temperature
and other calculated quantities into the next release, but I'll see what
can be done about specific humidity.

Thanks for the heads up!  We certainly appreciate knowing about this
problem!
--Lacey

--
Lacey Holland

UCAR/NCAR, Research Applications Laboratory
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307
(303) 497-8396