[Met_help] Problems getting MET running...bufr problems?

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Nov 13 13:01:53 MST 2007

Steve,

I've been able to compile MET and run all of the test scripts successfully on a 64-bit machine with the exception of the one for "pb2nc".  When I use the output from pb2nc from a successful run on
another machine, I'm able to run the test script for "point_stat" as well.

The error we're encountering from pb2nc does seem to reside in the BUFRLIB code.  I ran pb2nc through a debugger and found that it's choking on a fortran read statement within BUFRLIB.  Since we don't
maintain BUFRLIB, there's not much I can do about it right now.  However, I'm emailing some folks at NCEP to find out if they've had success running BUFRLIB on a 64-bit machine and if they have any
suggestions.

I'll let you know what I hear from them.

In the mean time, you should be able to run the grid_stat and mode tools on your system.  And if you run into any problems with those or have any questions, feel free to send them to met_help.