[Grad-postdoc-assn] Looking for CU instructor for ATOC 1050, 1060 Fall 2024

Valerie Sloan vsloan at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 4 10:46:51 MDT 2024

Good morning!

Here are two wonderful opportunities to get teaching experience at CU
Boulder in ATOC this fall.

Course titles are:
1) Weather and the Atmosphere
2) Our Changing Environment: El Nino, Ozone, and Climate

Read on for more.

Val

*From: *Katja Friedrich <katja.friedrich at colorado.edu>

*Date: *Thursday, April 4, 2024 at 8:57 AM
*To: *atoc-faculty-request at lists.colorado.edu <
atoc-faculty-request at lists.colorado.edu>
*Subject: *Looking for instructor 1050, 1060 Fall 2024

Hi all,

I am looking for an (non-tenure track faculty) *instructor to teach ATOC
1050 (lecture only) and ATOC 1060 (lecture only) for Fall 2024*. If you
have a post-doc or researcher in your group (or outside your group) who
might be interested, please let me know.

Thanks, and best,
Katja

https://catalog.colorado.edu/courses-a-z/atoc/ .

*ATOC 1050 (3) Weather and the Atmosphere*

Introduces principles of modern meteorology for nonscience majors, with
emphasis on scientific and human issues associated with severe weather
events. Includes description, methods of prediction, and impacts of
blizzards, hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, lightning, floods, and
firestorms.

*Additional Information:*GT Pathways: GT-SC2 -Natural Physicl Sci:Lec Crse
w/o Req Lab
Arts Sci Core Curr: Natural Science Sequence
Arts Sci Gen Ed: Distribution-Natural Sciences
MAPS Course: Natural Science

*ATOC 1060 (3) Our Changing Environment: El Nino, Ozone, and Climate*

Discusses the Earth's climate for nonscience majors, focusing on the role
of the atmosphere, oceans, cryosphere and land surface. Describes the water
cycle, atmospheric circulations and ocean currents, and how they influence
global climate, El Nino and the ozone hole. Discusses human impacts from
climate change.

*Recommended: *Prerequisite ATOC 1050
<https://catalog.colorado.edu/search/?P=ATOC%201050>.
*Additional Information:*Arts Sci Core Curr: Natural Science Sequence
Arts Sci Gen Ed: Distribution-Natural Sciences

Dr. Katja Friedrich

Professor and Associate Chair

Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences

University of Colorado

4001 Discovery Drive

311 UCB

Boulder, CO 80309-0311

Phone: +1-303-492-2041 <+13034922041>

Fax:      +1-303-492-3524 <+13034923524>

Room:  SEEC/MacAllister Building N241B (east campus)

http://clouds.colorado.edu

CU Boulder acknowledges that it is located on the
traditional territories and ancestral homelands of the Cheyenne, Arapaho,
Ute and many other Native American nations. Their forced removal  from
these territories has caused devastating and lasting impacts.

Full CU Boulder land acknowledgment
<https://www.colorado.edu/about/land-acknowledgement>

--
Julia M. Moriarty
Assistant Professor, University of Colorado Boulder

Office: SEEC N155 | Phone: (+1) 303-492-4771  (please leave a voice
mail) | @JuliaMMoriarty
| she/her
My work hours may not be your work hours. Please reply in your work hours.

--
*Bonnie Slagel **(she, her, hers)*
NSF | NCAR | CGD

--
Valerie Sloan, Ph.D.
vsloan at ucar.edu
Director of the GEO REU Network,
Early Career Professional Development Lead
Education, Engagement, and Early Career (EdEC <https://edec.ucar.edu/>)
NSF National Center for Atmospheric Research (NSF NCAR
<https://ncar.ucar.edu/>)
GEO REU Resource Center
<https://edec.ucar.edu/university-partnerships/geo-reu/geo-reu-resource-center>
at