[Grad-postdoc-assn] Nature articles on postdoc survey results

Valerie Sloan vsloan at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 27 10:49:39 MDT 2023

Good morning,
Here are some papers from Nature that may be of interest. Among other
things, Nature shares its survey results, including interviews of postdocs
all over the world. If you are a postdoc, you'll probably find here that
you're not alone with the struggles that come with being a postdoc. I hope
that our team helps make the experience better. We do care.

1. Postdoc career optimism rebounds after COVID in global Nature survey
Postdoctoral researchers still feel as though they are academia’s drudge
labourers, but have more confidence about job prospects in a post-pandemic
world.
Nature, Oct. 9, 2023 <https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-03163-7>

2. How ChatGPT is transforming the postdoc experience
Around one in three respondents to Nature’s global postdoc survey are using
AI chatbots to help to refine text, generate or edit code, wrangle the
literature in their field and more.
Nature, Oct. 16, 2023 <https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-03235-8>.

3. Falling behind: postdocs in their thirties tire of putting life on hold
Temporary contracts, low salaries and cost-of-living hikes force many
researchers to put off parenthood and other big decisions.
Nature, Oct. 24, 2023 <https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-03296-9>

-  Stay tuned for some social events that might warm your heart.   - Val

[image: japanese proverb heart.jpeg]