[Grad-postdoc-assn] The Writing Room - Open to all

Valerie Sloan vsloan at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 5 09:51:30 MST 2023

Good morning,

Do you need some dedicated time to write - or a nudge to sit down and
write?  Drop into "The Writing Room" to write alongside colleagues.  We
will meet every other Thursday (opposite weeks to the Postdoc Research
Reviews) from 9:30-10:30 am MT. For example, we'll meet this Thursday (Dec.
7th), Dec. 21st, and Jan 4th, and Jan. 18th.

*The Writing Room*

Thursday, Dec. 7th at 9:30-10:30 am MT

Locations:

   - Foothills Lab: *FL2-3107*
   - Mesa Lab: *ML Tower B room 198*
   - Google Meet link  <https://meet.google.com/uvy-dttq-vfi>

people want to get feedback, we can organize breakout groups starting Dec.
21st.

*Note sure what to start with? *Consider writing a figure caption, working
on the methodology, or compiling references. Or perhaps you want to work on
a Research Statement for a job application.

*This idea was conjured up by the Postdoctoral Professional Development
Committee.* We aim to have one committee member at each site/online this
Thursday.

Bring cookies or a treat to share if you like.

Hope to see you there!

Val

Valerie Sloan, Ph.D.

Director of the GEO REU Network
<https://ncar.ucar.edu/what-we-offer/education-outreach/faculty-resources/geo-reu-resource-center>

& NCAR Early Career Professional Development Lead

Education, Engagement and Early-Career Development

NCAR

P.O. Box 3000

Boulder, CO 80307-3000

Email: vsloan at ucar.edu

I recognize that Boulder, Colorado, sits on the ancestral homelands and
unceded

territory of Indigenous People, including people of the Arapaho, Cheyenne,
and
<https://www.fairobserver.com/region/north_america/indigenous-peoples-native-american-history-us-canada-colonialism-news-16521/>
Ute Nations
.