[Grad-postdoc-assn] Talk: How to Promote Your Science & Your Worth

Valerie Sloan vsloan at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 20 08:03:03 MDT 2021

Dear all,

You are welcome to attend this talk tomorrow at 5 pm PT (6 pm MT) by SOARS
alumna Dee Rossiter. She is speaking at the Association for Women in
Science.

*Note! There are links to resources pasted in her email below.

We are happy to announce that Dee Rossiter is giving a workshop on
*'Science-Self-Fandom:
How to Promote Your Science and Your Worth" on July 21st, 5:00-6:00 PM PT*,
and you don't want to miss it (we are also planning to record it if you are
unable to attend)! *This event is open to all, so feel free to share widely
with friends and colleagues who might be interested.* Register here.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-self-fandom-how-to-promote-your-science-and-your-worth-tickets-162697473523>
We also have gathered some resources on the theme of "Self-Promotion" (see
below) that could be useful in your learning group discussions this month.

[image: SciSelfWorthFlyer_wLogo (1).jpg]

*Self-Promotion Resources:*

Warm regards,
East Bay AWIS

Tips on creating your resume and cover letters
> <https://career.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/Guide/ResumesCovLet.pdf>
>

>> Tips on writing an effective academic CV
> <https://www.elsevier.com/connect/writing-an-effective-academic-cv>
> Tips on writing a CV the 'right' way
> <https://beyondprof.com/how-to-write-an-academic-cv-the-right-way/>
>

>> Tips on curating your social media presence
> <https://bootcamp.berkeley.edu/blog/career-tips/#Social-Media>
>

>> Tips on writing resumes for recruiters
> <https://www.linkedin.com/business/learning/blog/career-success-tips/how-to-write-a-resume-that-will-actually-get-a-recruiter-s-atten>
>

> Tips on how to make your LinkedIn profile stand out
> <https://www.linkedin.com/business/learning/blog/career-success-tips/6-easy-changes-to-make-your-linkedin-profile-stand-out>

I acknowledge that the land I live and work on is the ancestral and unceded
territory of the Ohlone People.

--

> Dione L. Rossiter, PhD

Executive Director, Science at Cal