[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: CSU-Fullerton tenure-track Assistant Professor in geoscience education

Scott Briggs sbriggs at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 26 10:16:43 MDT 2020

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Heather L Petcovic <heather.petcovic at wmich.edu>
Date: Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 9:40 AM
Subject: CSU-Fullerton tenure-track Assistant Professor in geoscience
education
To: <GEOED-RESEARCH at list.msu.edu>

Dear colleagues,

I’m sharing this posting on behalf of a colleague at CSU-Fullerton. This
looks like an outstanding opportunity for an early career geoscience
educator! Please share widely with your students and networks.

Cheers, Heather

***

The Department of Geological Sciences at California State University,
Fullerton invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professorship
that will begin August 2021.

California State University, Fullerton is a Hispanic-Serving Institution
and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong
commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the
curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students,
staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to
this goal through their teaching, research, advising and other activities
are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those
from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has
been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.

We seek a geoscience educator who develops, applies, and evaluates new
geoscience teaching innovations and curricula, as well as develops and
tests geoscience education research questions and hypotheses. We expect
candidates to show evidence of an existing or developing active, externally
funded student-centered research program. We seek a scholar who
demonstrates interest and ability to teach courses in geoscience education
and general geology at various levels including; general education, lower-
and upper-division undergraduate, and graduate courses. The successful
candidate shall: (1) coordinate geoscience education courses; (2) help
facilitate the integration of teacher preparation into our B.A. program;
and (3) be involved in program-level assessment for our department.

For additional information, please see attached or this link:

https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/fl/en-us/job/497811/assistant-professor-of-geological-sciences-geoscience-education

***
Dr. Heather Petcovic

*She/Her/Hers*

Chair, Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences

Western Michigan University

269-387-5487 Phone

heather.petcovic at wmich.edu

--
Scott Briggs
Administrator

*1. You are not working from home, you are at home, during a pandemic,
trying to get work done.
2. Your physical, mental, and emotional health is the most important
thing right now.
3. Don't compare your ability to cope with everyone else's.
4. Don't attempt to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours.
5. We will get through this.*