[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Citizen Science Short Course Beginning July 15th

Teresa Foster teresaf at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 18 13:44:58 MDT 2020

Dear all,

Please see the announcement below.

Thank you!

Teresa

Teresa Foster
Early Career Faculty Innovators

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Monica Barra <mbarra at seoe.sc.edu>
Date: Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:35 AM
Subject: Citizen Science Short Course Beginning July 15th

You are invited to join a short course (via zoom) on Citizen Science that
we will be hosting starting *July 15th *(four sessions over four weeks). It
is designed as a low-key reading group that will introduce everyone to some
of the history, theory, critique, and possibilities of using various forms
of Citizen Science. We will also have invited *guest speakers* joining us
each session to talk about ways they use Citizen Science in their work.

We'd love for you to join for any and all of the sessions. If you want
links to meetings, readings, and updates, please* register
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7YJ16JQqG_6Olq8Dwwo6NmLmUoUOklTtq9QCt0jsj3df0Uw/viewform>
*(click
flyer below) so we can add you to our emails.

*Sessions are free and open to the public. Please feel free to share *(faculty,
students, practitioners, etc.)*.*

For more info, check out website:
https://criticalecologies.org/citizen-science/

Monica Barra
Assistant professor in the School of the Earth, Ocean & Environment and
Department of Anthropology
University of South Carolina

Teresa Norman
Masters candidate in the Earth and Environmental Resource Management
Masters Program in the School of the Earth, Ocean & Environment
University of South Carolina

<https://forms.gle/sCoJ13uuVaBbcU2Y9>