[Grad-postdoc-assn] FWD: AGU session on Sharing Your Science Backstory

Scott Briggs sbriggs at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 15 09:51:48 MDT 2020

Do you have a rad story to share about yourself as a scientist or the
science that you do? If so, share it at our session as a video, story slam,
interpretive dance, poem - any format that is reasonable for sharing your
story.

The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 29 July 2020 (23:59 EDT)

Session: SY042 - Share Your Science Backstory
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/103731

Abstract:
We challenge scientists from across all AGU disciplines to discover and
share the story behind their work. This session is an opportunity to
rediscover the aspects of science that are exciting, dramatic and
compelling; focusing on the discovery, setbacks and triumphs that
personally motivate us to do our work, and then tell others about them.
Come share the intriguing and curious sides of your work.

Inspired by the Up-Goer Five challenge, we invite our colleagues to tell an
excellent story about how and why they do science, focusing on what makes
their work relatable and engaging. This opportunity to emphasize the story
behind our science will allow presenters to reach new audiences and spark
conversations across disciplines. Unlike Up-Goer Five, there will not be
vocabulary constraints, but accessible language is encouraged. The session
conveners will provide access to tools to help presenters develop their
stories before the Fall Meeting.

We’re looking forward to receiving your contributions!

Cheers,
Erin (Erin.Leckey at Colorado.EDU)
Lisa
Ryan