[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Reminder for Carolyn's Hangout tomorrow for Asian staff

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 2 13:27:23 MDT 2020

Please see Tony's message below.

Take good care,
Rebecca

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

Rebecca Haacker
Director
NCAR Education & Outreach
Advanced Study Program

Phone: 303-497-8623www.asp.ucar.eduhttps://ncar.ucar.edu/education-outreach/education-and-outreach

Assistant Diana O. Verschoor: 303-497-1851

Boulder County sits upon the traditional territories of the Cheyenne,
Arapaho, and Ute Nations.

>From Tony's message:

We have also been hearing that many of our Asian staff are feeling fearful
due to increased instances of racism linked to the coronavirus outbreak.
Increased racist attacks targeted at people of Asian descent are being
reported across the country, as well as in our own county, including an
inappropriate sign on a local liquor store. Let me be clear: racism is not
tolerated at UCAR. I also ask that, during this time when we are all
isolated in our homes, you make a special effort to check in with your
colleagues who may be feeling especially vulnerable to these attacks.
Please note that we have also posted some resources on how to interrupt
coronavirus racism on our COVID-19 website
<https://operations.ucar.edu/covid19/support>. As always staff who need
extra support can reach out to the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
<https://www.ucar.edu/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion/office> (ODEI), which
will also be holding a group hangout <https://meet.google.com/atr-fibx-dxu>
on Friday at 1 p.m. for any Asian staff who would like to join to get and
give support to one another.

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Susan Chavez Executive Assistant to the NCAR
Director National Center for Atmospheric Research 1850 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO  80305 Phone: 303-497-1102 E-mail:  chavez at ucar.edu
<chavez at ucar.edu>*