[Grad-postdoc-assn] Mock Review Panel - learn more and sign up!

Christina McCluskey cmcclus at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 30 15:45:58 MST 2018

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback today and interest in this project! Please
find the Mock
Review Panel signup sheet here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TVW_3AqDffWq3WTKjex5H4EO8mrnBtjjTpiaLbTeYeM/edit?usp=sharing>.
I added an additional column for "Research Topic". Keep in mind that this
can be utilized to also receive feedback on fellowship applications, etc.
The "Proposal Package" format should make this flexible for any funding
agency.

Please fill this out before *Wednesday, Dec 19*. The date(s) for the Mock
Review Panel and deadline for proposals will be chosen amongst the folks
submitting proposals/applications and then we can open it up to others who
want to be involved as panel members only.

Link to Mock Review Panel overview
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ihgfi_35zEgc1SpN74W7h3dxwiGi8hSq/view?usp=sharing>
Link to Proposal Tips from Jordan Powers (MMM Project Scientist)
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PxajH6qxdgen-Rc9F1Uhuytc5iH9etN5>

If you are interested in helping me organize this effort, let me know! :)

Have a great weekend,
Christina

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 3:53 PM Christina McCluskey <cmcclus at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear NCAR Postdocs,
>
> We had a good meeting of the NCAR Fellows Association last week with tips
> on proposal writing from Jordan Powers
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxajH6qxdgen-Rc9F1Uhuytc5iH9etN5/view?usp=sharing>
> (MMM) and the launching of the Mock Review Panel project.
>
> Please consider joining us in this project. Postdocs at NCAR will identify
> a call for proposals at a funding agency of their choice and develop a
> proposal with collaborators over the next few months. A panel consisting of
> postdocs (including the proposal writers) will review the proposals and
> provide feedback to the proposal authors. The panel will be moderated by a
> senior PI with review panel experience. This will provide postdocs with
> experience on both sides of the proposal process and useful feedback on
> their proposals. The timeline of this exercise will be depend on the
> participants and the respective proposal due dates (TBD).  For more
> details, please see this overview document
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ihgfi_35zEgc1SpN74W7h3dxwiGi8hSq/view?usp=sharing>
> .
>
> If you are interested in participating, please sign up on this
> spreadsheet.
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TVW_3AqDffWq3WTKjex5H4EO8mrnBtjjTpiaLbTeYeM/edit?usp=sharing> We
> will further discuss how the process will work at the upcoming NCAR Fellows
> Retreat for postdocs on Wed, Oct 17. Details to follow.
>
> Thanks!
> Christina
>
> P.s. Please e-mail me if you have trouble accessing these google
> documents.
>
> --
> *Christina S. McCluskey, Ph.D. *
> cmcclus at ucar.edu