[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Fwd: Faculty Opening - Asst. Prof. of Meteorology]

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 17 09:03:52 MST 2011

Here's a local job opportunity!

Paula

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Faculty Opening - Asst. Prof. of Meteorology
Date: 	Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:38:16 +0000
From: 	Shellito, Lucinda <Lucinda.Shellito at unco.edu>
To: 	Barbara Ballard <bballard at ucar.edu>, "paulad at ucar.edu"
<paulad at ucar.edu>

Hello Barbara and Paula -

I was wondering if you might be able to send this job announcements out
on appropriate listserves? I’m trying to reach postdocs and grad
students (or their research advisors) who may have a connection with NCAR.
Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Cindy

Dr. Cindy Shellito
Associate Professor of Meteorology
Earth Sciences Program
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
PH: 970-351-2491
FAX: 970-351-1269
Email: lucinda.shellito at unco.edu

**********************************
*Assistant Professor of Meteorology
*The College of Natural and Health Sciences at the University of
Northern Colorado invites applications for the position of Assistant
Professor of Meteorology, position #F99732.  This 9-month tenure-track
position requires a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science, Meteorology or closely
related field. Preference will be given to candidates who have earned
the degree by the start date. ABDs will be considered if the
dissertation proposal has been successfully defended and the doctorate
is received within one (1) year of the starting date. We seek
outstanding individuals with a strong interest in undergraduate teaching
and research. A record of recent peer-reviewed journal articles relevant
to the atmospheric sciences is desirable. Successful candidates will
have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Physical Meteorology, Remote Sensing, Data Assimilation, Atmospheric
Instrumentation, Boundary Layer or Tropical Meteorology.

The full vacancy announcement and application instructions are available
at: http://www.unco.edu/nhs/employment.html
<http://www.unco.edu/nhs/employment.html> . Screening of applications
begins January 17, 2012 and continues until the position is filled.  The
University is an AAEO employer.

Inquiries should be directed toward Dr. Cindy Shellito, Search Committee
Chair, Earth Sciences Program (Email: lucinda.shellito at unco.edu).