[Grad-postdoc-assn] Upcoming ASP Social--Mt. Evans?

Kelley Barsanti barsanti at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 18 15:05:50 MDT 2008

Hi All,

We are in the process of deciding on our next few socials.  One of the
ideas that came up, suggest by Jacob Fugal, was a group drive/hike to
Mt. Evans.  Mt. Evans is a 14,000+ foot peak that is accessible by car.
  It is about 70 miles from here and takes ~2 hrs. each way.

One potential transportation option would be to use an NCAR van, driven
by an ASP.  Advantages of this option are that it would be
environmentally friendlier and cheaper for those participating.  The
disadvantage is that only NCAR employees and official NCAR visitors
would be allowed to ride in the van (i.e., no families, friends, etc.).

At this point in the pre-planning, we'd like to gauge how many people
would:  a) be interested in a trip to Mt. Evans, and b) be interested in
going in an NCAR van (if it is available).

Please send your responses, preferably by *2:00* on *Monday*, to Jacob
(fugal at ucar.edu).

Thank you much!

Kelley
barsanti at ucar.edu