[Grad-postdoc-assn] Grad/Postdoc Ski Trip - Sat, Dec 9, 2006, Eldora Mountain Resort

Ankur Desai adesai at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 17 10:56:54 MST 2006

As promised, details on the 1st grad-postdoc-assn ski/snowboard/XC trip.
We're doing this early season so new skiiers get a chance to ski early.
If this event goes well, we'll try for another one in the spring when
conditions will probably be better and more terrain will be open.

Date: Saturday, Dec 9 (weekend before AGU)
Transportation will be provided by NCAR, leaving Boulder around 8:30 am,
plan to return by 5 pm. Maybe apres ski at local pub?
Costs will be ~$40 for lift, ~$35 for rental. Kids are cheaper by ~50%.
If we get >20 people, costs will go down >30%. Right now we're at 9
people. So feel free to invite friends. Even ones without Ph.Ds or and
the soon-to-bes!

Free lessons to first-timers by my wife, Emily, a PSIA Level I certified
instructor (we can also celebrate her last day being 30). Eldora
cross-country/nordic center is open with 35 km of trails and
downhill/alpine/snowboarding opened today with 2 lifts and 5 trails,
more coming. At least 2 people plan to XC, so they'll be a group heading
that way, too.

If you'd like to join us and haven't already let us know, please respond
by Nov 30 and include in your reply:
# in party and whether they are adult or child (childish or child-like
doesn't count, we all are if you count that way)
Do you need transportation?
Would you like free beginner lessons?
Do you already have a lift ticket/pass?
Do you need daycare for children and if so how many and what are their
ages* ?

All e-mails after this will only be sent to you if you have replied to
this or the prior e-mails.

*Daycare not available at Eldora. Ski school lessons start for age 4 up.
Since I have a 3 year old who will ski maybe 1 hour at most, I will be
arranging childcare (send a note if you're interested in providing this
childcare, good with kids and want to make some money)

Thanks
Ankur Desai
ASP Post-doc, NCAR
303-497-8282