[Go-essp-tech] GO-ESSP Telco Today (12/2/2014) @ 8:00 AM PST / 4:00 PM UTC

Cinquini, Luca (398G) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 3 10:07:54 MST 2014

Thanks Sebastian, and thanks for the great demo yesterday.
Luca

On Dec 3, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Sébastien Denvil <sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr<mailto:sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr>> wrote:

Dear all,

during the yesterday's telco Eric Nienhouse, Philip Kershaw and Luca Cinquini asked me questions that remains unanswered or partly unanswered. Jérôme and I had a conversation about that.

1. Phil : "which python module has been used to "daemonize" synchro-data? A standard one? Could someone interact with the daemon from a web-service and an API?"

Answer : "the 'python-daemon' package has been used. AFAIK the most standard one. This package implements the official PEP 3143 Python specification. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon Note that no daemon module exist within the standard python distribution. You have to use pypi."

2. Eric : "do you use a specific User_Agent? This way we could identify synda on ESGF nodes logs. And we could have a precise idea of the usage."

Answer : "No we don't use a specific User_Agent. No test has been done but we think we can easily force a specific user_agent. For the data we will use:
Wget/1.9 (Linux) Synda/2.9
For the metadata we can use
Python-urllib/2.6 (Linux) Synda/2.9

We just decided from those examples:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/User-Agent#Robots "

3. Luca : "Are you planning to build a UI on top of synda?"

Answer : "There is no plan to do that on our side at the moment. If someone want to do that we would be glad to discuss technical possibilities".

regards
Sébastien