[Go-essp-tech] Help with publishing data

Prashanth Dwarakanath pchengi at nsc.liu.se
Wed Feb 20 01:45:49 MST 2013

Dear Michael,

As I discussed with you during the telecon yesterday, I'm experimenting
with a test-bed setup of esgf services. I'd like to download some cmip5
data from dkrz/pcmdi and publish it onto my local setup.  I'm a little
confused about the esgscan/esgpublish commands, especially the details to
be provided to the latter.
1) Will I get all the details that I need to publish a file(s) from it's
header (ncdump -h)?
2) After a fresh installation of the middleware, do I need to set up the
esg.ini file for project/models manually, or would it be ready for use?

Any help, suggestions or links to online material would be of great help.

--
Regards,
Prashanth Dwarakanath