[Go-essp-tech] ANNOUNCE: esgf-pyclient-0.0.3. A Python client to ESGF Search

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 29 08:39:42 MST 2012

Thanks Stephen, awesome... just in time for this morning code sprint in a few hours :)

On Nov 29, 2012, at 7:36 AM, <stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk>>
 wrote:

I would like to announce the first alpha release of esgf-pyclient: A python interface to the ESGF Search API.

Although still in development the library is already useful for finding ESGF data, including download URLs, OPeNDAP URLs, filenames, sizes and checksums.

- Download fromhttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/esgf-pyclient
- See the documentation at http://esgf-pyclient.readthedocs.org
- Follow development at http://github.com/stephenpascoe/esgf-pyclient

For a quick start try:

$ pip install esgf-pyclient
$ python
>>> from pyesgf.search import SearchConnection
>>> conn = SearchConnection('http://pcmdi9.llnl.gov/esg-search/search', distrib=True)
>>> ctx = conn.new_context(project='CMIP5', query='humidity', experiment_family='RCP')
>>> ctx.hit_count
1927
>>> ctx.search()[0].dataset_id
u'cmip5.output1.NASA-GISS.GISS-E2-R.rcp45.day.atmos.day.r6i1p1.v20120516|esgdata1.nccs.nasa.gov'

Find further examples in the documentation.

Thanks,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK