[Go-essp-tech] basin variable in CMIP5

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Tue May 29 12:33:07 MDT 2012

Hi all,

The reason "basin" is on the exclude list (I think) is that "basin" is
also a "dimension" variable (e.g. for msftmyz).  We don't want a lot of
"dimensions" showing in the database as "variables", so they get
excluded.  Problem is that when "basin" is a legitimate variable (as in
the "fixed frequency" group), it gets omitted by the publisher.

Maybe Bob can suggest a work-around that won't simply remove "basin"
from the exclude list, because this would result in unwanted dimensions
being published.

regards,
Karl