[Go-essp-tech] Revised Telco Agenda 2012-03-20

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 11:55:58 MDT 2012

Hi all,

A revised telco agenda for the GO-ESSP-TECH telco tomorrow is below and also available at http://esgf.org/wiki/EsgfCmip5Meetings.

Telco details
phone number: (925) 424-8105 access code 305757#, regular time: 8:00 am PST
Agenda 2012-03-20

  1.  Status and planning of upgrading all data nodes to P2P system (20 mins) -- (Luca)
  2.  Tools for data verification: Mitigating the risk of science being done on deprecated data (20 mins)
     *   a) Experience from current CMIP5 deployment on the user of checksums -- how can we improve the process. A quick overview of what we have now:
        *   publication of checksums
        *   verification in wget scripts
        *   visibility of checksums in P2P interfaces
b) Further tools
        *   verifying checksums after download. Can we extend the wget-script verification system? (Stephen / Estani?)
        *   proposal for dataset catalog hashes (Stephen)
  3.  User support during p2p transition (20mins)
     *   a) System Users - currently, most questions involve wget scripts, and non-working data nodes.
        *   What do we do with Help Desk and mailing lists ?
        *   How do we build a FAQ that is really useful ?
        *   Who is involved in answering questions ?
b) Data Node managers - questions concerning data node installation and configuration

Cheers,
Stephen.