[Go-essp-tech] Agenda for GO-ESSP telco on 2012-03-20

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 07:25:07 MDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks Estani for putting some suggested topics for telco discussion on Tuesday on  http://esgf.org/wiki/EsgfCmip5Meetings.  I agree that those are all high priority.  Can we also have a discussion on Jamie Kettleborough's recent thread?  I suggest keeping most of Estani's "CMIP5 Operation - Discussion" section.  The discussion about "--no-check-certificate" has implication for the helpdesk so I'd like to reorder those items.  I think TDS upgrade will probably need to wait.  I.e. something like:

·         CMIP5 Operation - Discussion

o   Help Desk:

§  How to proceed at the Help-desk with queries for data nodes that do not have anyone in the Help-desk?

§  How to proceed for queries regarding the P2P? (Gateway 2.0 will be picked by Eric, probably)

o   Certificate issues: Should all wget scripts add the option "--no-check-certificate" as the default option to solve certain iss

o   Risk of science being done on deprecated data

§  How can users effectively check they have the right data?

§  Ensuring checksums are published for all nodes.

o   How to solve the attribute service overload at pcmdi7/3? (Maybe the recent upgrade has solved this?)

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK