[Go-essp-tech] [esg-gateway-dev] Finding new datasets? Was RE: Catalog Browsing broken at WDCC

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 14 08:28:54 MDT 2012

Hi,

In the context of the ESGF P2P system... In order to get updated on what
has changed in the system you can subscribe to the RSS feed for what you
want.  There are canned RSS feeds and there are RSS feeds that you can
custom create tailored to what you are looking for... or more correctly,
what you wish to be notified about.

We will be using the RSS mechanism to create a "broad-catching" system
that will help keep files in up-to-date... I have a very good idea of
how to do this, but this is currently at the drawing board stage.

In the mean time I suggest leveraging the already available RSS feeds! :-)

http://esgf.org/wiki/ESGF_RSS_Feeds

I hope this helps.

--
Gavin M. Bell
--

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo