[Go-essp-tech] What is the risk that science is done using 'deprecated' data?

Ashish Bhardwaj abhipsl at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 8 03:38:33 MST 2012

Hello Jamie,

At IPSL CMIP5 production datanode, every change in dataset is given a
new version.

I can understand your concern for versioning of datasets. It is a
combined effort of all institutions publishing CMIP5 data to
gateways/P2P ESGF node to conform to CMIP5 best practices.
Since words are important, instead of practices, I would say that there
should be some policy document.  I am also aware of the fact that CMIP5
teams are giving their best efforts to meet user requirements.

Regards,
Ashish