[Go-essp-tech] Searching for gridspec files

Sylvia Murphy sylvia.murphy at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 26 07:59:44 MDT 2012

Hi Jennifer,

I cannot help you with gridspec files per se, but I did want to
point out to you that grid information associated with CMIP5
simulations was collected by the Metafor questionnaire and ingested
and displayed in the Earth System Grid (ESG) trackback.  Below are a
couple of links to some instances of simulations with grid information
from the models you were interested in.  Just click on the link below
and then click on the grid tab.  If any of this information is useful
to you, I will try and find other instances of the models you are
looking for.

http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/trackback/query.htm?id=esg%3amodel_mpi-esm-lr_abrupt4xco2-lr&session=true&fromSearch=true
http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/trackback/query.htm?id=esg%3amodel_gfdl-cm3_picontrol_cm3&session=true&fromSearch=true
http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/trackback/query.htm?id=esg%3amodel_giss-e2-r_past1000_giss-e2-r_p121&session=true&fromSearch=true

If you want to search for yourself, I suggest starting at the NCAR Gateway at:
http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/home.htm
Then selecting "simulation metadata" metadata from the faceted search
on the left and then typing the model name into the text box.

Cheers,

Sylvia