[Go-essp-tech] output1 vs. output2

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Feb 29 03:09:34 MST 2012

Hello Karl,

I think its an error if someone tries to publish an unknown diagnostic
with product=output.  *But* do we know the scale of the problem of data
already in the system?  How much data has the wrong product assigned
(either in the DRS id, or in the files netCDF attribute)?  Is there an
expectation that this data will be reassigned to the correct product?
Or will we just live with it?  If its sufficiently large volume/number
of files *and* we are going to 'live with' the legacy problem then I
don't see a strong reason to fix new data - users already have to deal
with the wrong products.  (but happy to be wrong on this)

Jamie