[Go-essp-tech] How does "experiment=volcanic aerosol" come to be in CMIP5?

Drach, Bob drach1 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 23 12:33:15 MST 2012

Hi Mike,

Currently the model description is initialized into the database from the
values in esg.ini. Subsequently the 'model' database table is updated when
a new model entry is added to esg.ini, but not when an existing entry (in
esg.ini) is modified. I agree that this is unintuitive - I'll look at ways
to provide a simpler way of correcting model metadata, and include this in
an upcoming release of the publication module.

Regards,

--Bob