[Go-essp-tech] TDS Authorization issues

Nathan Wilhelmi wilhelmi at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 21 19:55:07 MST 2012

Hi All,

In debugging the issue I think we found a couple of issues on the node
that would manifest themselves under load.

HttpClient may not be closing connections, it depends on the load, GC,
etc. This is a pretty good summary of the problem:

http://fuyun.org/2009/09/connection-close-in-httpclient/

Once we patched the SOAPServiceClient.class code to use a single
instance the authorization calls began working again. We also found that
the authorization would work reliably, albeit very slowly, if tomcat was
only given a single thread.

Estani, I believe this is likely the source of dangling sockets you
noted in earlier emails.

Thanks!
-Nate