[Go-essp-tech] Calling all consumers / producers of ESGF THREDDS Catalogs

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 03:28:03 MST 2012

The regular Tuesday GO-ESSP-TECH telco would like to start looking at software interfaces as we planned to at GO-ESSP 2011.  For this Tuesday I suggest we introduce the format and semantics of ESGF THREDDS catalogs.

There are many tools being used today to parse THREDDS catalogs and retrieve or index CMIP5 data and we would like to gather experience from as many tool authors as possible on how we can define a useful THREDDS profile for the ESGF system.

Therefore if you maintain code that parses ESGF THREDDS you are welcome to join the telco at 4pm GMT on Tuesday.  Alternatively please post to this list any known issues, inconsistencies, grey areas or surprising features of ESGF THREDDS and I will gather them into a wiki page.

The ESGF THREDDS interface Group wiki page is at: http://esgf.org/wiki/ESGFInterfaceGroups/ThreddsGroup

Thanks,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK