[Go-essp-tech] Incorrect file names?

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 14 11:21:08 MST 2012

Dear Novice (with clearly more knowledge than most so-called experts),

I'm copying a contact for the GEOS-5 model who may be able to provide
some information on this.  I can't explain why the monthly file names
are inconsistent with what CMOR2 puts out.  Maybe CMOR2 wasn't used.
The DRS document doesn't absolutely forbid including more precision than
necessary in specifying the time-periods, so I don't think we can force
them to rename their files.  That being said, my hope was everyone would
use CMOR, so the file names would all follow the same template.

Karl