[Go-essp-tech] Progress and Problems with P2P

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 1 16:26:31 MST 2012

Hi Jennifer, Sebastian,
	first of all thanks to Jennifer for trying out the p2p system, and reporting positive feedback on the search can wget generation.

Jennifer, your use case is so common to climate scientists that I wrote a tutorial that others can follow to gain from your experience:

http://www.esgf.org/wiki/ESGF_Data_Download_Strategies

Indeed we need to work with all data nodes in the coming days (weeks?) to make the wget access completely pain-free. This would involve:

o Move any lingering data nodes away from the token based system and to the PXI-based system

o Upgrade all datanodes to the latest software, so that they can trust all ESGF certificates, and execute authorization versus multiple servers

o Investigate any throttling issues.

I believe we need to tackle one data node at a time....

thanks again,
Luca