[Go-essp-tech] Outcomes of the IS-ENES September Coding Sprint

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 03:38:56 MDT 2011

Thanks Neil,

I didn't look too closely at why Globus failed and I've now had to move on to other matters but when I return to it I'll let you know what went wrong.

We filed a bug on esgf.org about OpenSSL 1.0, however I think it was the reason for only one of the failures (I was definitely using openssl 0.9.x).  I don't think we should rush into OpenSSL 1.0 as it seems a major change, although I defer to what ever you and Gavin reckon is the best route.

Other than Globus my installation experience was very encouraging.  I can see the script is improving all the time.  However, I did have to switch to the devel version which isn't ideal for maintaining production systems.

Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK