[Go-essp-tech] best practice of dataset versioning after correcting/replacing a subset of files

Ingo Bethke ingo.bethke at bjerknes.uib.no
Mon Sep 12 09:15:36 MDT 2011

Hi,

Just recently we introduced drs-complient versioning on our data node
(as provided by drslib) and assigned the same version number v20110901
to all datasets. Since then I had to do corrections to some data files
(the erroneous datasets are withdrawn) and now I wonder how to republish
the datasets: should I assign a new dataset version for the corrected
files? if yes, which dataset version should I use to republish datasets
that now contain a mix of output files of two different versions?

Best regards, Ingo