[Go-essp-tech] Non-DRS File structure at data nodes

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Fri Sep 2 04:53:49 MDT 2011

Hello Karl,

> For CMIP5  the DRS document recommends (but does *not* require) a
final directory structure.   Because this is only a recommendation,
> individual data nodes may choose to organize their data to fit their
own local requirements.

Can you give examples of the local requirements?   I'm still not clear
(apart from the inertia of changing what is already there on data nodes)
why the DRS directory structure is only recommended,  not required.  Or
is the inertia the dominant term?  (I *think* this is what Estani has
concluded - at least thats my interpretation of what he's saying).

Jamie