[Go-essp-tech] Incorrect dataset names

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 08:54:15 MDT 2011

The difficulty is that putting information which we known to be wrong in a central catalog is sure to lead to confusion. That doesn't mean we know where or when the confusion will arise, but it is certain to cause problems. The longer we leave it, the harder it will be to fix. Rather than trying to image all the places it might cause problems and trying to path up the symptoms, we need to correct the catalog.

I'm not sure why you want this not to be fixed -- are you thinking that it is a big diversion of effort?

cheers,
Martin