[Go-essp-tech] resolution on securing opendap aggregations via ESGF

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon May 23 03:08:30 MDT 2011

I'm with Estani on this.  Authorisation decisions are best decoupled from the application where possible.  Phil is on leave today but I'm sure he'd say the same thing and give much more detailed reasoning.

I think the catalogue already mixes slightly too much information together: location-independent file metadata and location-specific service information.  If we add access control it becomes too tightly coupled.

Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK