[Go-essp-tech] Apache Http Proxy Configuration for esg-gateway.jpl.nasa.gov

Nathan Hook nhook at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 15 12:13:44 MDT 2011

Good Day Paul,

My name is Nathan Hook with the National Center for Atmospheric Research
(NCAR) and I have been working with a colleague of yours Luca Cinquini
on a SSL Handshake problem with a product of ours.

I am hoping that if you have the time available you would be able to
help me out a bit.

Currently a collaboration that I'm working on (with Luca and others) is
having difficulties with a ssl handshake being too large for the Safari
web browser buffer and therefore causing Safari users not to access our
web application via ssl.  Which, is a problem.

Luca has mentioned that the esg-gateway.jpl.nasa.gov site is proxied
behind an Apache Http server and it seems as though that configuration
does not cause the same buffer problem for Safari that a stand alone
Apache Tomcat server does.

Would you be willing to share with us your configuration settings for
both apache and tomcat so we can attempt to duplicate your environment
here on our test servers and see exactly what is happening during a ssl
request?

Thank you for your time Paul.

Regards,

Nathan Hook