[Go-essp-tech] CORRECTION: Fwd: Re: download rates

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Thu Mar 3 09:26:04 MST 2011

Dear all,

I must apologize that I lost a decimal place in reporting the download
rates yesterday (trying to do too many things at the same time).

We're in much better shape than I reported:  download rates of about
*10* MB/min (not 1 MB/min), with a TB taking perhaps 70 days in 1 stream.

What Estani reported (2 TB in 14 hours in 7 parallel streams) is about
35 times faster per stream.

  It would be nice to close this gap across the Atlantic.