[Go-essp-tech] Handling missingdata in the CMIP5 archive

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Mon Jun 27 10:15:04 MDT 2011

Hello Karl,

Is this extra flexibility really needed?  I think that giving
alternative 'representations' of the fact that some data sets have
unavailable time slices may make it harder for the data user.  Don't
they have to write code to deal with all the alternatives?

Sorry this is so terse and there are other things in your e-mail I
haven't commented on - because I haven't had chance to think through
what you are saying.  I'm also aware you need to get a decision made on
this so you can inform people what to do.

Jamie