[Go-essp-tech] Registry...

philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 03:20:33 MDT 2011

Hi Rick,

Gavin sent out an updated link for the poll.  It's here: http://doodle.com/28vv25qpmbivmhvv

Cheers,
Phil

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu<mailto:brownrig at ucar.edu>>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:43:19 -0600
To: "Gavin M.Bell" <gavin at llnl.gov<mailto:gavin at llnl.gov>>
Cc: "go-essp-tech at ucar.edu<mailto:go-essp-tech at ucar.edu>" <go-essp-tech at ucar.edu<mailto:go-essp-tech at ucar.edu>>
Subject: Re: [Go-essp-tech] Registry...

Hi Gavin,

I have been trying to understand what it means to be a ESGF P2P node. Towards that end, I've studied the ESGF_Registry page cited below, and ESGF_Architecture page (http://esgf.org/wiki/ESGF_Architecture).

I'm fairly new to the project, so I apologize in advance if some of these questions are otherwise general knowledge amongst the team:

- Are there docs describing the ESGF Federation Protocols mentioned on the Architecture page?

- Is there code available the makes up the Node Manager component, and if so, what does that look like -- is it a library/jar, an app, etc.?  In particular, can the Notification  and Node-Registry pieces be lifted out?

Also, on a tangential point:  I did add myself to the RegistryGroup page.  Nate had given me a doodle poll link, which seemed to be broken (http://doodle.com/28vv25qpmbivmhv)  (?)  Have I I missed that initial meeting, or is it yet to happen?

Thanks for anything you can tell me!
Rick