[Go-essp-tech] Registry...

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 21 10:26:58 MDT 2011

 Hello Gentle folks,

I was not able to make the call.... I caught the last two minutes enough
to hear about Luca's interface group.

I got the synopsis of the call.
So, let me quickly address some of the questions with the registry.

1) The interface to the hessian service are given by the two methods
described on the registry page.
    http://esgf.org/wiki/ESGF_Registry

2) The api description of the RemoteEvent are given as well on the
registry page.
     Also the implementation of the remote event is in the commons
package of the registry.

http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/esgf-node-manager/esgf-node-manager-common-0.5.0.jar

There is a link from the registry group page to the registry description
page.

For those who want to have a meeting about all things registry... put
your name on the group page and we can coordinate a meeting time.
http://esgf.org/wiki/ESGFInterfaceGroups/RegistryGroup

All the information is there for anyone to use or code to the registry.

The first order of business would seem to me to be to install an ESGF
P2P Node.

--
Gavin M. Bell
Lawrence Livermore National Labs

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo

(GPG Key - http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/keys/gavin.asc)

 A796 CE39 9C31 68A4 52A7  1F6B 66B7 B250 21D5 6D3E