[Go-essp-tech] Investigating the ESGF P2P software

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 17 11:55:55 MDT 2011

Hi Stephen ,

To change the endpoint to publish to a P2P endpoint see my mail to the
list a couple of days ago.

Using the *devel* (bleeding edge) distribution, there is a
--set-index-peer

So if you want to publish to a esgf p2p "index" node (where the
publishingService is running) you can change the target to any other p2p
index node by calling the esg-node script with this flag.

Ex:
%> esg-node --set-index-peer esgf-node3.llnl.gov

subsequently, issuing publishing commands will point you to
esgf-node3.llnl.gov
As for zookeeper... as Luca said we were playing with that before...

Make sure you are using the devel esg-node script by checking the
version with --version
The value should end in "-devel" so you know the script is correct.

--
Gavin M. Bell
--

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo