[Go-essp-tech] Clarification of 'Remember My OpenID' Behavior in Gateway

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 16 06:39:36 MDT 2011

Hi Estani,
	not all users configure their browser to autofill forms... I think the typical setup is that only usernames and passwords are pre-filled, but not other fields.

Anyway, I simply expressed the opinion that a simple way to set a cookie with the preferred openid would be helpful to the user. If you check the box the cookie is set, if you uncheck it the cookie is deleted. This should have nothing to do with the Tomcat session or the Spring "remember me" functionality, it's simply a cookie containing a string. The ORP uses it and I find it useful.
Anyway it's probably not that important.

thanks, Luca