[Go-essp-tech] PCMDI3 not responding

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Mon Jun 6 05:26:43 MDT 2011

Hi,

is it possible to separate the attributeService from the gateway? The
most simple way would be a second installation with only 443 access and
the gui turned off or something alike.  I'm just thinking that mixing
the central attribute service with the production Gateway is not very
wise in the long run. If it breaks, it breaks the whole federation... We
don't need springs nor even tomcat for that, the more we can strip the
service down the more robust it will get.
Of course this is only a half-step solution, which we should continue
ASAP. I totally agree with Stephen..
And in any case a DOS attack to us is so simple that it makes me cry...

Thanks,
Estani

Am 06.06.2011 13:07, schrieb stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk:

> The PCMDI3 node isn't responding today.  This is preventing all access
> to CMIP5 data as the PCMDI AttributeService is queried for each
> download or when a user browses to  that dataset in a Gateway.
>
> I think this single point of failure is a big problem in the system --
> we need to address it ASAP.
>
> Stephen.
>
> ---
>
> Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
>
> Centre of Environmental Data Archival
>
> STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK
>

> --
> Scanned by iCritical.

Estanislao Gonzalez

Max-Planck-Institut für Meteorologie (MPI-M)
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) - German Climate Computing Centre
Room 108 - Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany

Phone:   +49 (40) 46 00 94-126
E-Mail:  gonzalez at dkrz.de