[Go-essp-tech] [esg-node-dev] Re: Question on P2P and signing of registry docs

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Thu Jun 2 10:53:13 MDT 2011

 Hi Stephen,

Yes, we should have this conversation.  The basic idea is the fewer
certs the better.  The more security savvy folks than myself should feel
free to elucidate the finer points.  Perhaps the single subordinate CA
can have its cert in a chain downstream from verisign thus providing the
clients (browsers et. al) to be able to verify it against something like
Verisign's cert and the ESGF's 'superior' CA's cert as well?  This makes
sense to me but I certainly defer to the wisdom of those who know more.

We should not break anyone's system... that is for sure :-).