[Go-essp-tech] search problems with ESG

Eric Nienhouse ejn at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 2 08:13:49 MDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I'm not sure this is entirely clear either.  Presumably you mean make a hessian call to tell the Gateway to re-retrieve the catalog.
Your presumption is correct and I like your term "re-retrieve".  I'll
use this language in the future to avoid confusion :-)
> From the datanode's perspective this is the final step in publishing.  I think of harvesting as being the exchange of RDF amongst Gateways.
>
> So, to be clear, do we need to do something like this:
>
>  $ esgpublish --publish --noscan --use-list <listing-file>

Yes.  This should simply make the publishing hessian call to the Gateway
to re-retrieve the catalog for each dataset in the list.  No rewriting
of thredds nor rescanning of data will occur.