[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 - altering tables

Stéphane Senesi Stephane.Senesi at meteo.fr
Wed Jul 27 00:59:07 MDT 2011

Dear Karl,

Karl Taylor wrote, On 27/07/2011 02:16:
> Dear Stéphane,
>
> You really should not alter the CMIP5 CMOR tables in any way (we
> record the checksums in the files I think, so we will know exactly
> which files were written using each table).

We did alter table "3h" for publishing albedo data. Can anybody confirm
that this is really a technical issue in the ESG system ? For the time
being, I did not notice any problem : at PCMDI gateway, both faceted
search and free text search allow to discover and retrieve the data.
Will any control of table checksum occur at the stage of QC L2  or L3 ?

Thanks for the answer provided below.

--
Stéphane Sénési
Ingénieur - équipe Assemblage du Système Terre

CNRM/GMGEC/ASTER
42 Av Coriolis
F-31057 Toulouse Cedex 1

+33.5.61.07.99.31 (Fax :....9610)